Detox Cleanse at Home. Fasting Free
The fasting free cleansing diet which is first on the list here is actually very easy to do. You don’t starve. You can detox while you enjoy your food just the same. You will find that it is quite fun to do. It is just a matter of getting organized and getting in the necessary foods which are going to sustain you over this two week period of cleansing.
Cancer Prevention: Cleansing diets are important to keep good health. Cancer does not develop in a body which is kept clean of waste. Accumulated waste is the main factor in people getting degenerative disease like cancer, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and parkinson’s disease. If you are unlucky enough to have been exposed to large amounts of toxic herbicides and pesticides and industrial chemicals, then you will have a harder job to eliminate the accumulated poisons, and cancer and other disease will be harder to cure through elimination processes. But it can be done. And should be done.
In a fairly normal healthy body, it is good to fast occasionally to give the liver a rest and let it, , and the kidneys, expel the poisons from the body. This happens best when no food is taken, but there are various diets which work just as well, though they take longer to have a thorough cleansing effect. If you are deficient in vitamins and minerals, a complete fast is not recommended – a juice diet or one of the modified diets is best to follow in this case. This is the idea in Dr Max Gerson’s cancer-recovery diet, which focussed on elimination but with massive amounts of nutrients given in the way of fresh fruit and vegetable juices. Don’t forget that enema which Max Gerson and Walter Last and other healers have emphasized is essential to eliminate those poisons quickly – imperative if you have a life-threatening disease like cancer.
Modified Diet Regime
Follow this for two weeks. It is important during this period of cleansing that you have no bread, butter, eggs, meat, chicken or fish. The only cheese which is allowed is preservative-free cottage cheese which is available from all good health food stores.
Milk is allowed, but if you have an allergy to cow’s milk, then use goat’s milk or goat’s milk yoghurt if that agrees with you. There is an alternative of a cup of pea soup which can be used instead of using dairy milk.
1) The Fasting-Free Home Detox-Cleanse
- A large glass of freshly juiced fruit juice or carrot or celery juice.
- Or a plate of sweet fruits such as banana, dates, grapes, figs, prunes, melon, paw paw, apple, peaches, nectarines – in any combination.
- A few nuts or almonds, and a glass of goat’s milk. This can be taken with either of number one or two of this list.
- A lightly cooked boiled egg on its own without bread.
This breakfast is a nutritive one which is good for cleansing. It is also a good maintenance diet for those who wich to lose weight. Plenty of enzymes are supplied in the juices and sweet fruits which are rich in vitamins and minerals. Good amounts of protein are supplied in this diet, which nourish the tissues and rebuild them without building fat. Wheat-breads and buns are the thing which cause fat to build up, in my experience. Do without wheat products and processed sugar, and you are half way there.
- A salad of carrots, celery, cabbage, raisins with olive oil dressing.
- Two or three lightly cooked vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, string beans, beetroot, asparagus, carrots. Keep potatoes out for the meantime.
- Make sure that the quantity of salad material is more than the cooked food.
- Salad of vegetables or soaked dates, prunes, raisins with fresh sweet fruits like mango or paw paw and bananas. Simple plain olive oil dressing can be added.
- Glass of goat’s milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese. You can have this with the salad in number one.
- Two mashed bananas for desert, or a plate of sliced fresh peaches or grapes.
- If goat’s milk or dairy milk is no good for you, then have one cup of pea soup: Make this in advance, as it takes a while to cook. You can leave it in the fridge so that you have it available at mealtimes for a few days. Remember that this diet is best if you stick to it for two weeks. So prepare yourself in advance.
It is a good idea with this diet to take a herbal laxative last thing at night and first thing in the morning. Do not use anything other than a herbal laxative. One tablespoon of castor oil could be taken EVERY THIRD DAY instead of taking a herbal laxative every morning and evening. Chemical laxatives are very damaging in the long run, so avoid these.
This diet is a really good cleanser. It is one which most people can do. You don’t deprive yourself of the experience of eating food with this diet – it is very good for people who cannot sustain juice fasts. The results are just about as good as a juice fast, but it takes a little longer to work because its action is more mild.
2) The Olive Oil Fasting-Free Detox Diet
Two weeks is the recommended time to continue this diet, but even one week will do much to clear the system of toxins, dissolve mucous build-up, and help to dissolve gall stones. You can alternate it with the above modified diet if you wish – one week on the above modified diet, and one week on the olive oil regime.
- 1/2 cup of cold pressed olive oil or cold pressed soya oil mixed with 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice. If you don’t have lemons, then grapefruit juice can be used instead, or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with one tablespoon of water.
- Swallow down the mixture of olive oil and lemon juice, or the alternatives above. Eat nothing at all until lunchtime. Avoid all tea and coffee. But herb teas can be drunk freely during the course of the morning to wash away old bile. They help to negate poisons. Mint and peppermint are especially good for this. Chamomile tea is another good one. These herbal teas benefit the liver and gall bladder and aid the elimination process.
- Eat a large salad with olive oil or some other good quality cold pressed oil on it. If you are still hungry then eat more salad, or some fresh fruit such as banana, an apple, or some dates.
- Eat another large salad with an avocado in it. Use a variety of vegetables to get a range of nutrients. Grated beetroot, grated carrot, kale, spinach, lettuce, chopped chives, parsley, avocado.
- If you do not use avocado, you can have one baked potato with the salad.
- Have two cooked green vegetables with the meal: Broccoli, spinach or silver beet, green string beans or broad beans
That’s it. This diet can be done at any time, and for as long as you feel like following it. Dr Jarvis recommends the olive oil and lemon juice treatment in his book “Folk Medicine’. He recommends it for gall stones and for preventing the formation of gall stones.He stipulates that the olive oil and lemon juice must be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This is because the treatment is not effective in removing toxins or in dissolving gall stones if there is food present. Food will dilute the effect of the olive oil cleanse.
Also be careful not to use meats, cooked eggs, bread, cheese of milk while on this diet. The smallest amount of these things will spoil the efficacy of it. Food yeast may be used if you are doing the diet for a few weeks. Food yeast will provide you with B Vitamins and prevent a deficiency of B Vitamins occurring.
Walter Last believed in two raw egg yolks being taken a day, and I find that this is very beneficial. Raw egg yolk is easy to digest and it does not impair the cleansing effect of diets such as this. Raw egg yolk contains many nutrients, including protein, fats, lecithin, vitamins and minerals including iron. It is a great food for building up the body’s vitality. The egg yolk must be taken without the white, and it must be uncooked. It can be added to an olive oil dressing to make aioli, or it can be mixed with fruit juice.