Cures for Constipation
The key causes of constipation are lack of exercise and lack of fiber in the diet.
There are many natural home remedies for constipation. This post will list a few of the best ones which do not cost the earth, and are easy to apply. Several of these are fairly regular kitchen and fruit items.
Sometimes exposure to chemicals causes candida overgrowth. If this is the cause of constipation, then it is best to use the castor oil laxative. Avoid the tamarind recipe, as yeasts in dried tamarind will disagree with you until you have recovered. The kiwifruit recipe is also best avoided by people with chronic candida, as the high sugar content will cause the candida bacteria to proliferate, that is, until you have improved your immune system
Exercise is Important to Prevent Constipation: We will give you a couple of very effective exercises to do each day as well, so that the problem is less likely to recur.
Prevent Colon Cancer and Varicose Veins: Keeping the intestines clean by eating high fiber foods is the best way to help avoid colon cancer and varicose veins. Constipation is often the cause of these complaints. Eating fiber foods like fruit and vegetables provides the body with calcium enrichment, as the Vitamin C in fresh fruit and vegetables helps you to absorb the calcium from your food: Vitamin C and Calcium are both elemetst which help to prevent colon cancer.
Better Absorption of Nutrients will be the result of curing constipation. When your bowels are clogged up with old effete matter, the walls of your intestines are not in a fit state to absorb the nutrients in your food and supplements. People need more supplementation of nutrients when suffering constipation, because the intestines cannot do their job of processing and absorbing enough food nutrients out of the diet, even if the diet is a good one.
Get your intestines clean, remedy constipation, so that you get the optimum nutrition from your diet. You can still have constipation, that is, clogged bowels, even though you have a bowel motion each day. It is a good idea to clean out those pockets of stored rubbish once in a while, with a remedy such as we have listed below.
Cure constipation, and you have less need of vitamin and mineral supplements. Curing constipation will help your immune system to function optimally.
Kiwifruit Home Remedy for Constipation: This is the nicest remedy of all. It is sweet and delicious. (not for people with chronic candida)
- Kiwifruit are loaded with Vitamin C and provide excellent soft fiber for the intestines. Anyone who has NOT had constipation but has indulged in the eating of half a dozen kiwifruit in one sitting will have had first hand experience of the result: That is, that the bowels are loosened tremendously, and a good clean- out is effected.
If your condition is not severe, then you would only need to take about two or three kiwifruit every morning, before you eat the rest of your breakfast. This will regulate the bowels, and no harm at all will come from it, even if the motions are a bit loose.
Apple and Potato Cure for Constipation: This home remedy for constipation has cured many people of bowel troubles, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, when an appropriate diet which excludes all problematic foods like dairy products, wheat, and sugar was adopted concurrently.
- Grate one whole organic apple, with its skin still on, and one medium sized organic potato. Make sure that there is no green on the potato skin, as this is a toxin which can do harm to the liver. Mix these two together.
- Eat the whole lot in one sitting, every bit of the apple and potato mixture. Eat it 20 minutes before breakfast, then repeat the procedure before the evening meal.
- This home remedy for constipation is very good for people who have mucous build up in the intestines, with discomfort and distention in the stomach region.
- This is a very healing mixture which can be helpful in treating mild cases of colitis and inflammation of the bowel.
- Do this remedy for three days at a time, then take a break for three days, or until you need to use it again.
- You need the three days on the diet so that the bowel will be cleaned thoroughly.
- This home remedy for constipation provides plenty of bulky fiber to help the bowel heal and cure constipation. Taking this quantity of fiber on a regular basis is a good way to jump-start and train the intestines to do their job better.
Note: If you have had pain, discomfort, distended stomach, and/or bleeding in the stools, then you must see a health practitioner right away for a diagnosis and correct treatment.
The Quick-Fix Home Remedy for Constipation: This is an emergency remedy, and is really only suitable for people who have a strong constitution. Do not use this remedy if you have candida, or arthritic or rheumatoid conditions, or osteoporosis, or any other illness.
- Tamarind, which is used in Indian cuisine, is an excellent way to relieve constipation if the situation is severe and you wish to take a fast acting remedy before starting your high fiber diet.
- Tamarind is a quick-acting laxative.
- The Tamarind and Lemon Remedy for Constipation: Simply take a small teaspoon of tamarind paste and stir it into a cup of warm-to-hot water. Add the juice of half a lemon, and drink the lot. Spoon out the tamarind fiber at the bottom, and eat this too.
- Tamarind is especially high in Vitamin C.
- It works very quickly. However, it is very acid in its effect, and may not suit everyone. Tamarind also has oxalic acid in it, which draws out some calcium from the intestines. Eat a good meal which contains some calcium food right after drinking the tamarind tea.
- If you don’t have a meal ready, then you need to take some alkaline food right after drinking the tamarind and lemon tea to restore the body’s pH level to normal. Have ready two cups of milk, or a banana which has a teaspoon of ghee oil or olive oil added to it, and have these foods within about 20 minutes of taking the tamarind tea. Milk is a good food to take after tamarind tea, as it is high in calcium. It can be either dairy milk, sesame seed milk or some other seed or nut milk.
The Castor Oil Laxative: Home Remedy for Constipation. Castor oil has been used for thousands of years as a healing agent, and as a cure for constipation. Castor oil is really a wonderful healing oil, because it has the power to attract and draw poisons out of the liver and gall bladder, as well as having a clearing effect on the bowel.
For this reason, the castor oil treatment is favoured by many for the treatment of cancer and other degenerative disease. The best method in using Castor Oil Treatment for constipation is the following, in my experience.
- First – a high fiber breakfast. Between seven and eight o’clock: Eat a bowl of oatmeal porridge which has a whole raw apple grated onto it. Add a tablespoon of ghee, butter, or olive oil, and some dates for sweetening. Do not use milk or sugar.
- At ten o’clock, take two tablespoons of castor oil with a cup of black coffee in the morning. If you prefer, you can use tea, or chamomile tea. You really can take the castor oil at any time, but by taking it sometime after breakfast, you will gain the most benefit from the castor oil. Castor oil, taken at ten o’clock, is recommended by Dr Gerson in his cancer therapy treatment.
- It is recommended that an enema follow this castor oil treatment. It should be taken within five hours after taking the castor oil. This bowel wash is repeated more often when you are treating serious disease like cancer.
Yoga Exercise to Prevent Constipation. Here are a couple of suggestions for some very simple and straightforward exercises to do to prevent constipation.
- Churning the Mill. Even if you do nothing else in the way of exercises, if you religiously practice this just a few times as soon as you get up, and just before you go to bed, you will feel the benefit.
- Sit on the floor with the legs spread apart as wide as they will go without undue strain.
- Clasp your hands together.
- Reach forward over the left knee towards the feet with the clasped hands, the arms outstretched as far as they will reach. Breathe out as you do so.
- Now, bring those clasped hands from the left leg, slowly over to the right leg, the body bent forward, the hands clenched, the arms stretched out over the leg.
- Breathing in, bring the hands back along the leg towards the body, keeping the arms stretched out. You have to then lean backward so that your arms can stay rigid over the top of the thigh.
- Move back to the left leg and continue, breathing out as you lean forward, and breathing in as you lean back and bring the arms up the leg.
- Repeat. Do five or six round to start, then do the same amount in the other direction.
- Build up to between ten to twenty rounds in each direction, so that you do forty altogether, if you can. Do not strain or force yourself to do more than is really comfortable. Check with your doctor or health professional to make sure this is OK for you.
If you stick to the programme, provided you are fit enough to do so, and practice this exercise morning and night every day, your constipation will disappear.
Yoga Leg Raises: This is a more gently exercise. Do this if you think the above Churning the Mill is too much for you. You can do both if you like.
- Lie on the floor. Hands at the side of the body.
- Breathe a deep breath in and hold the breath.
- While you hold the breath, slowly raise both legs up together so that the toes are pointing to the ceiling.
- Hold the legs in this perpendicular position while you breathe out.
- Take another full breath in and out while you hold the legs up.
- Now breath in and hold the breath whilst you slowly bring the legs down in a controlled movement towards the floor.
- With the legs on the floor, release the breath. Take another breath in and out and repeat the exercise.
- Do just three times to begin with, and no more than five at most.
This is a good exercise for improving circulation, for helping varicose veins and for helping to avoid constipation. Do first thing in thge morning and again at night.