The Key Points Of The Diet To Regrow Teeth:
I have just had a comment from Becca who is attempting to improve her teeth with diet. Here is a summary for Becca and for anyone else interested in working on diet to help the condition of the teeth.
It takes a while to regrow tooth enamel, so you have to be prepared to follow the programme for at least 6 months. My child’s tooth enamel repaired itself after 9 months on such a programme.
My friend who came for advice about her diseased gums recovered completely after only 3 months on the diet. However, in this case, the tooth enamel itself was not the problem, but her diseased gums: She was told by a dental specialist that she would lose all of her teeth if she did not have them all removed one by one and scraped. Each tooth was going to cost $5,000 to fix. After three months of putting all her energies into the diet and getting well, she went back to the dentist to show him the result. He said that there couldn’t have been anything wrong with her teeth if she had got better by diet alone, even though it was HIS diagnosis that said she had an incurable gum disease in the first place.
Of course, there are multiple ways in which you can improve the health of your gums and strengthen tooth enamel. Here is just one suggested method, which is similar to that method which we followed.
Merrilyn’s new book is available on Amazon:
KEY THINGS TO AVOID;
- Remove sugar, dairy foods and wheat altogether. Avoiding gluten is important.
- Stay Gluten Free: Instead of wheat pasta and bread, use brown rice.
- Avoid vinegar and other fermented foods. No alcohol. No sauces such as tomato sauce, or soy sauce. It is important to avoid fermented foods, as well as gluten, dairy and sugar, because these foods feed candida, or yeast infection. Candida albicans is the source of many problems with health, including poor gums and teeth.
- No preservatives.
- EAT LOTS OF RAW CELERY and CARROTS; The other key factor in regrowing your tooth enamel and improving the health of your gums is to eat lots of RAW CELERY and CARROTS. End each meal with these. This improves digestion, as well as the health of the teeth.
- KEEP THE MOUTH ALKALINE: Chew a stick of celery after each meal to keep the mouth alkaline. Celery is a natural germicide and antibiotic which will keep those tooth-eating beasties in check. Celery will help to discourage those damaging bacteria which cause decay.
- Celery is well known for its ability to help build strong bones: It helps to build strong teeth as well.
- Celery is a high fiber alkaline food. Eating raw celery and carrots too, helps to provide plenty of fiber for your digestion. Your intestines will be cleansed by eating these raw foods, which means that they will process your foods more efficiently.
- Eat as much of your food raw as you can. Begin sprouting mung beans and alfalfa at home. Mung bean sprouts and alfalfa sprouts are especially alkaline. These clean the teeth as well, keep the mouth alkaline, and provide more fiber for the bowel.
- All protein foods are OK. Eating meat will not do your teeth any harm as long as you eat enough alkaline salads and cooked greens to go with it. Generally speaking, high quality protein is good for those on anti candida diets. Protein eaten with raw foods will help your teeth to grow. If you are vegetarian, then make sure your protein is adequate: supplement with plenty of sprouts, nuts and seeds and pulses.
- Organic free range eggs are excellent. Try to eat two free range egg yolks each day. This is very nourishing for the body and easy on the digestion. You can include these with your olive oil dressing for your salad, or put them into a smoothie such as a banana smoothie with almonds, sesame or sunflower seeds. Two raw egg yolks per day is recommended for vegetarians especially.
- Use plenty of sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, and coconut milk, especially if you are on a vegetarian diet. These are all very high in calcium and essential fatty acids.
- All raw and cooked vegetables are good.
- Always eat something raw with every meal.
It takes a while to notice the effects of such a programme, especially to regrow tooth enamel. If you really put the effort into following this diet, and faithfully exclude wheat, dairy, sugar, and yeasts, then you should see some positive results on your general health after about three months. If you were to continue on for another 6 months beyond that, you should see your tooth enamel beginning to repair itself.
Calcium Ascorbate Powder: This is a non-acidic form of Vitamin C which helps keep the body alkaline. It also kills bacteria and works as a potent digestive which maximizes your vitamin and mineral intake from the food you eat. It helps to detoxify the body.
Calcium Ascorbate was used in treating my friend’s gum problem. My family also used this quite frequently, which would have helped my child to regrow tooth enamel. You need to take at least 1000 mg once or twice per day.
Castor Oil Treatment: People on cancer diets who have regrown their tooth enamel have used castor oil as part of their treatment. I think that taking castor oil even once a week will have a beneficial effect on your teeth. However, if the person is young, or healthy, with a strong recuperative power, regrowing tooth enamel can be done without castor oil.
See Merrilyn’s other post