Dog Dies From Lymphoma Six Months After Eating RoundUp Spray

December 7th, 2017

The young dog of a friend of the family’s has recently died of lymphoma.  The dog was not old – around six years.

Six months ago, the man of the house sprayed RoundUp on their grass verges and roundabout the garden.  The dog went over and ate some of the grass which had been sprayed.  It became sick – not just regurgitating the grass, which cats and dogs like to do to clean out their stomachs, but was clearly feeling unwell.  He remained sick and was not his usual self for many days.  So they took him to the vet, who said there was nothing wrong with a dog eating grass sprayed with RoundUp, and that he would be OK.  But he was not OK.

Six months later, the wee dog was dead from lymphoma cancer.

Natural Health

I wrote a post a few years ago about the dangers of pets and children playing or wandering through sprayed areas of grass.  Pet owners need to be careful, I said, not to take their dogs walking through parks which have been sprayed.  Nor should they be let loose to run through poisoned areas.

Cats are even more at risk, as they roam far and wide at night, and are likely to be exposed to toxic herbicides or weedkillers, and pesticides, on their travels.  One assumes that awareness is growing regarding herbicides and pesticides affecting the health of humans, pets and planet.  But the use of herbicides and pesticides seems to be increasing to that of former years.

RoundUp glyphosate, and pesticides such as 1080 and brodifacoum, are being used more than ever all over the country, to the detriment of our health, and especially to the health of children.  They will surely be reducing longevity of children, pets and adults who become exposed to these poisons on a regular basis.

No Comments so far, be the first to add one.

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

No Cancer and Good Health Notebook
  • RSS
  • Stumble
  • technorati
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Twitter